Whether you are shooting your own selfie video for your business, or you hire a professional video production service, there are several key factors which can help propel your video session and have a positive, profitable end result.
If you are taking the time and energy and possibly money to create these videos, make sure you maximize their unlimited potential to ensure they give you the result you are striving for.
Especially with today’s current situation, everyone is going virtual. The digital world is now everyday and commonplace. My humble opinion is that this increased desire for people and businesses to seek an online presence is going to continue and grow from now on.
So here are some tips for creating a video that will help you attract and engage your audience and convert viewers into buyers.
A video should feel and act just Just like a Movie with a Beginning (introduction), middle (content), and end (Resolution and call to Action).
- Introduce yourself and your business
- Pain Point/Problem you solve for clients/viewers……what will happen if they don’t solve this problem.
- your solution to their problem….be specific….
- One or two specific pieces of advice or “tip”-a take away the viewer can use right now
- What makes you uniquely qualified to help them solve the problem. Other pertinent information your viewers would find valuable
- at end, repeat your name and business and
- CTA-call to action: such as,”if you have any questions, I would be thrilled to answer…..”
DO Not just say, Call me at….or go to my website for more info……
You want to continue to add value even in the call to action.
Things to consider:
- Be concise and to the point. Do not ramble or go off on tangents. Think of this as a “teaser” reel to give just enough info. To make viewer interested and wanting to know more.
- The goal of the video is :
- to educate the viewer
- having them perceive you as the “expert in your field”
- sharing info rather than “selling”
- coming across as “approachable” and “knowledgeable” so the viewer will feel that they know you, like you, and trust you and will therefore want to do business with you.
Preparation for the Day of filming:
- Wear solid color, no stripes or busy clothing or jewelry (distracting and the camera doesn’t like it)
- Pastel colors are great…IF we are using a green screen, do NOT wear Green
- Know the highlights/Bullet points. Try NOT to be Reading your script. Memorize as best you can but do NOT rely on that.. It is difficult enough to be in front of the camera which may make some of you nervous, and trying to REMEMBER Your Script at that time becomes increasingly difficult and not at all effective. .Just remember your bullet points, speak directly to the camera as if talking to your best friend, don’t rush, have energy, and you will be “speaking from your Heart” and just allow the topic to flow. Very powerful.
- Allow yourself several “takes” until you are satisfied that you have good enough footage or, if working with a professional, they will be editing your video and you will have several “takes” until you get it right.
If working with Bonnie at Video Magic Productions, Bonnie will help you relax in front of the camera. Video filming sessions will be fun, productive experiences, also known as: “Playtime with Bonnie”.